Using a Clay Bar is one of the most simple, beneficial detailing processes you can do to improve your finish, whether it is a show car or a daily driver. The Clay will "pull" contamination from the paint without being as aggressive as using a buffer with polish or compounds.
Try this Test:
If you think you have a clean surface, take a piece of plastic or a baggie, place it over fingers and rub it across your finish. Even on the majority or pure "Show Cars" you will more than likely feel "bumps" that you couldn't otherwise feel with your bare fingers. All the plastic baggie did placed over your fingers was increase your sense of touch. These "bumps" are contaminants that are embedded in your finish. Don't be alarmed! These " bumps" are more than likely caused from pollutants that are present in our every environment. Then use a Clay Bar on your finish. Try the test again and it will feel your finish to be "Silky Smooth" and look 100 times better!
Other than removing contamination you can't see but feel, clay also will easily remove:
1. Liberally Lubricate a 2 x 2 area with our Jax Wax Body Shine ( Highly recommended to aid in lubrication to compliment clay)
-Don't be concerned about making a mess, it will wipe up just fine!
2. Tear off a small piece of the clay bar and form into a flat "pancake" shape.
-By forming the clay into a pancake shape, this will allow you to have ample coverage on your finish to remove the contaminants.
-The reason that you want to use just a piece of it is that if it hits the ground it will pick up contaminants such as dirt that could scratch your finish and best to throw away when this occurs.
3. Apply Minimal Pressure to the Clay Bar over the Work Area moving in a back and forth motion. Its Best to use ample amounts of Body shine to keep the work area well lubricated while the clay bar does it work!
-You will feel the clay grab to the surface in the beginning, this means that the contaminants are being removed as you work back and forth with your clay.
- Continue moving in your work area until you feel the clay glides freely.
4. Remove the Excess Lubricant by buffing off work area with a Clean Dry Microfiber Towel
5. Before moving to the next section, fold the piece of clay into itself to get to a fresh piece. Once the piece of clay becomes dirty after folding, throw it away and grab another chunk.
7. Enjoy the Results!
Once you have completed your clay process, We highly recommend protecting the Cleaned Area with a coat of Wax such as Liquid Carnuba
Now you can get fast, commercial-quality results by using the same products the "pros" do - and by doing it yourself!
These are the same car care products that we sell to our commercial customers consisting of hundreds of car dealers, professional detailers, auto body shops and classic car owners every day. Jax Wax car care products are commercial products that are of higher quality than most "retail" car wax products that sit on the "wax wall" vying for your hard earned dollars with slick labels and packaging.
SIZE: 200Grams- Case included for storage.